Monday, December 16, 2019

Movie review: Iron Sky: The Coming Race

 
 Iron Sky was only the beginning with Nazis on the Moon bent on taking over the world. Twenty years later what remains of humanity and the moon Nazis are living together on the dark side of the Moon.

Lara Rossi (Obi), Vladimir Burlakov (Sasha), Kit Dale (Malcom), Julia Dietze (Renate), Stephanie Paul (Vril President), Tom Green (Donald), Udo Kier (Vril Hitler), John Flanders (Gary), James Quinn (Johan).

With the last of humanity living on the dark side of the Moon and what is left of civilization on Earth buried under nuclear waste, things are looking grim. Unless you have cell service. A group of humans finds themselves headed from the Moon back to Earth which holds the keep to saving humanity deep inside its core. Of course the Nazis are coming along for the ride and the Vril just want, well, everything. Together Iron Sky: The Coming Race is quite a ride!

Acting had a bit more depth and comedy this time around. Rossi was meh in my opinion, but fortunate enough to have a solid supporting cast. Burlakov brings the cute and helps her with the comedy. Paul delivered the laughs throughout. Dietz had a brief, but solid, appearance. Kier fit his role nicely and was fun as always.

Camera work, sets, and backgrounds were decent given the theme. Effects, physical and CGI, were surprisingly good and definitely added to the film. Dialogue was fun with a nice mix of laughs and setup for laughs along with an actual plot. Sound and soundtrack are par for the campy theme.

Iron Sky: The Coming Race is a bit different from the original, which felt darker. This one also feels like it takes aim at a younger audience. At the same time, it brings more laughs while retaining a plot and providing a more polished, big screen feel. Maybe that is good, maybe not, you decide.

This one should be fine for preens and above. Maybe some mildly disturbing sci-fi scenes.

Released: 2019
Reviewed: 12.11.19
Star rating: 3 out of 5
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Sci-Fi Comedy

copyright ©2019 Dave Riedel

No comments:

Mine mine mine!!!!

Blog disclaimer and copyright information. . .

-I hope to make this blog revenue generating in the future and as such any posts found here may be paid posts. If you want to pay me to post for you, let me know!
-Content may change over time resulting in inaccuracies. I also make mistakes, some will be here.
-I have no control over what is at the other end of any links you may find here.
-Film pictures, dvd covers, film banners or whatever you like to call them are copied here from widely available public locations. I did not create them nor do I own them.
-Any files, programs or downloadables are provided only for convenience and fun. I in no way warrant, represent, or otherwise imply they won’t cause you problems. Use at your own risk! If your computer blows up I don’t want to even hear about it.
-Reviews posted here are my opinion and meant as informational for prospective viewers and are not meant to malign, defame, or otherwise harm anyone or anything. They also are not meant as advice or counsel , not necessarily factual or absolute, and the author will not be held responsible for the results of their use.
-Comments are NOT the opinion of this author, nor is he responsible or liable for the comments or their results. I will try to moderate them in a reasonable (to me) manner.
-Translation of any portion of this blog may result in other than desirable language for which the author is not responsible. Furthermore, I’m not an English major so there will be bad grammar and punctuation found here. There may also be language that is intentionally objectionable to support my opinions. Tough.
-Copyright: All reviews and opinions expressed here by the author are owned by the author. Please enjoy reposting and/or linking, I ask only that you give proper credit and inform me you have used my content for your own pleasure and devious purposes.
-Legal limit on damages: .02 cents, U.S. (Yes, I will give you my 2 cents worth if you abuse me in court).