Sunday, September 25, 2016

Movie review: Dead Set

Housemates in the Big Brother house are oblivious to the horde of fast-moving zombies that are wreaking havoc on the film studio grounds.

Jaime Winstone (Kelly), Andy Nyman (Patrick), Riz Ahmed (Riq), Warren Brown (Marky), Liz Brice (Alex), Beth Cordingly (Veronica), Adam Deacon (Space), Kevin Eldon (Joplin), Kathleen McDermott (Pippa).

The Big Brother housemates are nearing the end of the season when one of them is voted out of the house. Saying her farewell, she walks out of the house right as a zombie outbreak reaches the film studio grounds. What the series doesn't do is transition into the zombie apocalypse at all, it just is. From here the rest of the series is a fairly typical zombie flick as people struggle to survive.

Acting felt pretty rough in this one as apparently experience, and in some case skills, were lacking. Eldon was interesting and seemed to fit his role well. Nyman played a jerk perfectly. The remainder of the cast was okay at best.

Camera work, sets, and backgrounds were lacking somewhat in Dead Set. Camera work was shaky, fast moving, and elementary at best. Sets and backgrounds actually felt contrived, leaving the series without an authentic feel. Action scenes were okay but supported well by costuming and good gore. Dialogue was flat and accents were hard to follow. Sound was mediocre.

Overall you best be a serious zombie fan to watch Dead Set. Along with adding nothing to the genre, technically the series is a bit messy and acting is weak to say the least. That said, reviewers seem to either hate or love the series so if you do watch, I hope you enjoy Dead Set.

Believe it or not this one has some gore and violence! In addition you will find; sexual references, nudity, more gore, profanity, and more violence. Save this one for the oldest teens and above.

Released: 2008
Reviewed: 9.8.16
Star rating: 2 out of 5
Genre: Zombie films, British zombie films, Horror series, British TV series

copyright ©2016 Dave Riedel

No comments:

Mine mine mine!!!!

Blog disclaimer and copyright information. . .

-I hope to make this blog revenue generating in the future and as such any posts found here may be paid posts. If you want to pay me to post for you, let me know!
-Content may change over time resulting in inaccuracies. I also make mistakes, some will be here.
-I have no control over what is at the other end of any links you may find here.
-Film pictures, dvd covers, film banners or whatever you like to call them are copied here from widely available public locations. I did not create them nor do I own them.
-Any files, programs or downloadables are provided only for convenience and fun. I in no way warrant, represent, or otherwise imply they won’t cause you problems. Use at your own risk! If your computer blows up I don’t want to even hear about it.
-Reviews posted here are my opinion and meant as informational for prospective viewers and are not meant to malign, defame, or otherwise harm anyone or anything. They also are not meant as advice or counsel , not necessarily factual or absolute, and the author will not be held responsible for the results of their use.
-Comments are NOT the opinion of this author, nor is he responsible or liable for the comments or their results. I will try to moderate them in a reasonable (to me) manner.
-Translation of any portion of this blog may result in other than desirable language for which the author is not responsible. Furthermore, I’m not an English major so there will be bad grammar and punctuation found here. There may also be language that is intentionally objectionable to support my opinions. Tough.
-Copyright: All reviews and opinions expressed here by the author are owned by the author. Please enjoy reposting and/or linking, I ask only that you give proper credit and inform me you have used my content for your own pleasure and devious purposes.
-Legal limit on damages: .02 cents, U.S. (Yes, I will give you my 2 cents worth if you abuse me in court).