Friday, April 21, 2017

Movie review: Eegah!

 
Searching for her father, teen Roxy and boyfriend Tom encounter Eegah, a prehistoric caveman. Now obsessed with Roxy, Eegah will let nothing stand in the way of showing her his affection.

Arch Hall Jr. (Tom), Marilyn Manning (Roxy), Richard Kiel (Eegah), Arch Hall Sr. (Robert), Clay Stearns (Band Member), Bob Davis (George), Deke Richards (Band Member), Ron Shane (Detective).

Eegah! is quite simply a mess. Arch Hall Sr. wrote, directed, and acted in this film which appears to be nothing more than a means to getting his son, Junior, onto the big screen. The film theme is typical 60's with musical scenes and spontaneous teen dancing in strange places. The plot is thin and lacking depth on just about every front.

Acting was miserable in Eegah! with Arch Hall Jr. being particularly ridiculous singing lyrically infantile love songs, being physically incompetent, and generally unlikeable. Manning was mildly better as window dressing. Kiel, who actually went on to have a decent career, was amusing but young and in need of some polish. The rest of the supporting cast was rough, lacking quality and depth.

Camera work, sets, and backgrounds felt cheap. Action scenes were clumsy at best. Dialogue was campy and contrived. Sound and soundtrack are both worthy of the nearest trash receptacle.

Overall Eegah! is something of a mess. Technical work and acting were disappointing and even attempts at adding depth to the plot felt thin and lifeless. If you must watch this one, do so with Mystery Science Theater 3000 so you will have others to help you catcall the film.

Nothing here to limit audience age aside from potential brain damage due to boredom and bad acting. This is billed as a comedy but the only laughs we had were at the poor quality technical work and acting.

Released: 1962
Reviewed: 4.5.17
Star rating: 1 out of 5
Genre: Comedy

copyright ©2017 Dave Riedel

No comments:

Mine mine mine!!!!

Blog disclaimer and copyright information. . .

-I hope to make this blog revenue generating in the future and as such any posts found here may be paid posts. If you want to pay me to post for you, let me know!
-Content may change over time resulting in inaccuracies. I also make mistakes, some will be here.
-I have no control over what is at the other end of any links you may find here.
-Film pictures, dvd covers, film banners or whatever you like to call them are copied here from widely available public locations. I did not create them nor do I own them.
-Any files, programs or downloadables are provided only for convenience and fun. I in no way warrant, represent, or otherwise imply they won’t cause you problems. Use at your own risk! If your computer blows up I don’t want to even hear about it.
-Reviews posted here are my opinion and meant as informational for prospective viewers and are not meant to malign, defame, or otherwise harm anyone or anything. They also are not meant as advice or counsel , not necessarily factual or absolute, and the author will not be held responsible for the results of their use.
-Comments are NOT the opinion of this author, nor is he responsible or liable for the comments or their results. I will try to moderate them in a reasonable (to me) manner.
-Translation of any portion of this blog may result in other than desirable language for which the author is not responsible. Furthermore, I’m not an English major so there will be bad grammar and punctuation found here. There may also be language that is intentionally objectionable to support my opinions. Tough.
-Copyright: All reviews and opinions expressed here by the author are owned by the author. Please enjoy reposting and/or linking, I ask only that you give proper credit and inform me you have used my content for your own pleasure and devious purposes.
-Legal limit on damages: .02 cents, U.S. (Yes, I will give you my 2 cents worth if you abuse me in court).