Monday, June 10, 2019

Movie review: Capricorn One

 
 Minutes before a NASA Mars mission is about to launch, the astronauts; Brubaker, Willis, and Walker, are pulled out of the craft, whisked away, and asked to fake the Mars landing. Complying due to threats against their families, it isn’t long before they realize that the government can’t let them live and they escape into the desert.

Elliott Gould (Robert), James Brolin (Brubaker), Brenda Vaccaro (Kay Brubaker), Sam Waterston (Willis), O.J. Simpson (Walker), Hal Holbrook (Kelloway), Telly Savalas (Albain).

I almost can’t write a single review for this one. As pure entertainment this movie isn’t worth space on the shelf and would better serve as a doorstop. But as a proof-of-concept to make you actually wonder if it could be done, if the conspiracy could go so far, it is wonderful. The plot and concept were great right up until the last thirty seconds. It was all build-up to what could happen and then the movie ended without ever telling us!

Acting was mixed with Gould, Brolin and Holbrook doing okay and everyone else pretty much just spewing out their lines with no emotion. There just wasn’t much depth to any of the acting.

Sets were pretty good considering the age of the film, as was sound and dialogue.

If you enjoy 70's style films or conspiracy theories you will likely enjoy this one. If you are looking for special effects and riveting performances, forget it.

Nothing much here to limit audience age however, I wouldn't expect younger viewers to find any entertainment value with this one.

Released: 1978
Reviewed: 6.3.19
Star rating: 3 out of 5
Genre: Action, Thriller, Suspense

No comments:

Mine mine mine!!!!

Blog disclaimer and copyright information. . .

-I hope to make this blog revenue generating in the future and as such any posts found here may be paid posts. If you want to pay me to post for you, let me know!
-Content may change over time resulting in inaccuracies. I also make mistakes, some will be here.
-I have no control over what is at the other end of any links you may find here.
-Film pictures, dvd covers, film banners or whatever you like to call them are copied here from widely available public locations. I did not create them nor do I own them.
-Any files, programs or downloadables are provided only for convenience and fun. I in no way warrant, represent, or otherwise imply they won’t cause you problems. Use at your own risk! If your computer blows up I don’t want to even hear about it.
-Reviews posted here are my opinion and meant as informational for prospective viewers and are not meant to malign, defame, or otherwise harm anyone or anything. They also are not meant as advice or counsel , not necessarily factual or absolute, and the author will not be held responsible for the results of their use.
-Comments are NOT the opinion of this author, nor is he responsible or liable for the comments or their results. I will try to moderate them in a reasonable (to me) manner.
-Translation of any portion of this blog may result in other than desirable language for which the author is not responsible. Furthermore, I’m not an English major so there will be bad grammar and punctuation found here. There may also be language that is intentionally objectionable to support my opinions. Tough.
-Copyright: All reviews and opinions expressed here by the author are owned by the author. Please enjoy reposting and/or linking, I ask only that you give proper credit and inform me you have used my content for your own pleasure and devious purposes.
-Legal limit on damages: .02 cents, U.S. (Yes, I will give you my 2 cents worth if you abuse me in court).