Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Delta Farce

Released: 2007

Reviewed: 11.26.09
Star rating: 1 out of 5

Larry The Cable Guy (Larry), Bill Engvall (Bill), DJ Qualls (Everett), Lisa Lampanelli (Connie), Keith David (Kilgore), Danny Trejo (Carlos Santana), Jeff Dunham (Amazing Ken).

The war on terror is getting desperate so lazy reservists Larry, Bill and Everett are called into active duty in Iraq. But when they are accidentally dropped in Mexico they decide to liberate the country anyway. With the criminal Carlos Santana (no, not the musician) serving as the enemy the boys go to war on terror!

This one starts off looking a bit goofy but with an interesting plot premise full of juicy potential. The 3 guys are semi-redneck lazy idiots never imagining they could be called to duty. When Sgt. Kilgore who is all business shows up things get a bit funny as the boys are initiated into military life then accidentally dropped into Mexico. Assuming they are in Iraq they head out to hunt terrorists, and again things are funny for a bit. But once the plot starts to gel the humor dissolves except for Trejo who has to repeat throughout the rest of the film that he isn't Carlos Santana the musician.

Acting was pretty much miserable and what you would expect from comedians turned actors. Larry was the worst with Engvall serving as runner-up. Surprisingly Qualls wasn't bad. David and Trejo tried to bring life back with decent performances but just couldn't do it.

Film quality wasn't bad with decent sets, backgrounds, and camera work. Sound was good though dialogue wasn't.

Overall, this just wasn't a very funny comedy and a bit disappointing. Watched with an 11 yr old and a 15 yr old I wasn't hearing anyone laughing which is a pretty good indication I'm not the only one who labeled this a failure. Mild crude, sexual humor but this should be fine for teens and above.

No comments:

Mine mine mine!!!!

Blog disclaimer and copyright information. . .

-I hope to make this blog revenue generating in the future and as such any posts found here may be paid posts. If you want to pay me to post for you, let me know!
-Content may change over time resulting in inaccuracies. I also make mistakes, some will be here.
-I have no control over what is at the other end of any links you may find here.
-Film pictures, dvd covers, film banners or whatever you like to call them are copied here from widely available public locations. I did not create them nor do I own them.
-Any files, programs or downloadables are provided only for convenience and fun. I in no way warrant, represent, or otherwise imply they won’t cause you problems. Use at your own risk! If your computer blows up I don’t want to even hear about it.
-Reviews posted here are my opinion and meant as informational for prospective viewers and are not meant to malign, defame, or otherwise harm anyone or anything. They also are not meant as advice or counsel , not necessarily factual or absolute, and the author will not be held responsible for the results of their use.
-Comments are NOT the opinion of this author, nor is he responsible or liable for the comments or their results. I will try to moderate them in a reasonable (to me) manner.
-Translation of any portion of this blog may result in other than desirable language for which the author is not responsible. Furthermore, I’m not an English major so there will be bad grammar and punctuation found here. There may also be language that is intentionally objectionable to support my opinions. Tough.
-Copyright: All reviews and opinions expressed here by the author are owned by the author. Please enjoy reposting and/or linking, I ask only that you give proper credit and inform me you have used my content for your own pleasure and devious purposes.
-Legal limit on damages: .02 cents, U.S. (Yes, I will give you my 2 cents worth if you abuse me in court).