Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fast & Furious (4)

Released: 2009
Reviewed: 10.25.09
Star rating: 5 out of 5

Vin Diesel (Dominic Toretto), Paul Walker (Brian), Jordana Brewster (Mia), Michelle Rodriguez (Letty), John Ortiz (Campos), Laz Alonso (Fenix), Gal Gadot (Gisele), Shea Whigham (Stasiak).

Dom has walked away from the messy life of racing after his brush with both the law and death in the first installment of this franchise. But in this episode Dom finds himself back in the middle of both racing and crime. Partnered once again with Brian, Dom is in Take No Prisoners mode as he tries to right some wrongs while performing convoy heists and racing through tunnels.

If you read my reviews you know I dislike comparing films but this was an excellent sequel to the original. With Diesel, Walker, Brewster and Rodriguez back to reprise their roles and a plot with elements of the original this movie was a true extension of the first film in every way. Picking up close to where the first film left off, this one immediately has the gang back to pulling heists and soon has Dom and Brian working together under-cover once again. There was one major disappointment to the plot when we lose a main character who I won't name so as to not spoil things but otherwise the film was wonderful. Brewster's role was much less sexy in this one which was also a mild disappointment.

Acting by everyone was on par with their roles in the original, with good delivery and chemistry. Oritz and Alonso were nice additions and also did well supporting. Camera work, sets, and backgrounds were nicely done indicating a well budgeted film. Special effects were very nicely done with only a few grossly over the top. Sound and dialogue were good and fit the film well.

Overall this was a very enjoyable sequel reminiscent of the original and well worth watching. If you are a fan of the franchise put this at the top of your Must See list, otherwise in the top half is good. Plenty of violence, some foul language and drug use, and mild sexual content but this should be fine for preens and above.

No comments:

Mine mine mine!!!!

Blog disclaimer and copyright information. . .

-I hope to make this blog revenue generating in the future and as such any posts found here may be paid posts. If you want to pay me to post for you, let me know!
-Content may change over time resulting in inaccuracies. I also make mistakes, some will be here.
-I have no control over what is at the other end of any links you may find here.
-Film pictures, dvd covers, film banners or whatever you like to call them are copied here from widely available public locations. I did not create them nor do I own them.
-Any files, programs or downloadables are provided only for convenience and fun. I in no way warrant, represent, or otherwise imply they won’t cause you problems. Use at your own risk! If your computer blows up I don’t want to even hear about it.
-Reviews posted here are my opinion and meant as informational for prospective viewers and are not meant to malign, defame, or otherwise harm anyone or anything. They also are not meant as advice or counsel , not necessarily factual or absolute, and the author will not be held responsible for the results of their use.
-Comments are NOT the opinion of this author, nor is he responsible or liable for the comments or their results. I will try to moderate them in a reasonable (to me) manner.
-Translation of any portion of this blog may result in other than desirable language for which the author is not responsible. Furthermore, I’m not an English major so there will be bad grammar and punctuation found here. There may also be language that is intentionally objectionable to support my opinions. Tough.
-Copyright: All reviews and opinions expressed here by the author are owned by the author. Please enjoy reposting and/or linking, I ask only that you give proper credit and inform me you have used my content for your own pleasure and devious purposes.
-Legal limit on damages: .02 cents, U.S. (Yes, I will give you my 2 cents worth if you abuse me in court).