Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus

Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus
Released: 2009
Reviewed: 10.1.09
Start Rating: 1 out of 5

Lorenzo Lamas (Baxter), Deborah Gibson (Emma), Vic Chao (Shimada), Sean Lawlor (Sanders).

When a secret military mission breaks a huge prehistoric shark and a giant octopus free of the arctic ice they wreak havoc in the Pacific. A group of scientists is called in to investigate the disappearance of cargo ships and quickly determines the prehistoric duo is the cause. The solution, have the scientists figure out a way to destroy them both.

Thanks Asylum for another video assault of pig snot. This one starts off with ridiculous special effects and just keeps using them over and over. No, not ridiculous effects, the exact same ridiculous effects. Why create new ones when you can just show the same clips over and over. The plot is almost as ridiculous as the effects requiring the viewer to forget anything they have ever known about logic, common sense, or laws of physics to enjoy the film.

Acting was a part of this movie that they forgot. Lamas overacted incredibly while everyone else was almost laughable. The extras did better than the top billed actors in this film. Sadly, I think part of that was due to the script, not just the direction.

A lot of this movie was special effects and I actually think a High School film class could have done better. Add to that the shoddy camera work with dark shots and lame attempts at supporting special effects and viewing this was almost painful. To add to the pain we have a plot and script that were likely banged out on a cocktail napkin while the soundtrack was almost a complete afterthought. With Debbie Gibson there was at least hope of some hot girl scenes but alas, they couldn’t even get the romantic parts right.

Overall, I couldn’t find any redemption with this one at all. It is just lousy all around and in my opinion, not worth the time. I can’t even say diehard sci-fi fans, Lamas fans, or Gibson fans would enjoy this film.

No nudity, no sex scenes, and no real foul language I can remember so this one should be okay for preens and above.

No comments:

Mine mine mine!!!!

Blog disclaimer and copyright information. . .

-I hope to make this blog revenue generating in the future and as such any posts found here may be paid posts. If you want to pay me to post for you, let me know!
-Content may change over time resulting in inaccuracies. I also make mistakes, some will be here.
-I have no control over what is at the other end of any links you may find here.
-Film pictures, dvd covers, film banners or whatever you like to call them are copied here from widely available public locations. I did not create them nor do I own them.
-Any files, programs or downloadables are provided only for convenience and fun. I in no way warrant, represent, or otherwise imply they won’t cause you problems. Use at your own risk! If your computer blows up I don’t want to even hear about it.
-Reviews posted here are my opinion and meant as informational for prospective viewers and are not meant to malign, defame, or otherwise harm anyone or anything. They also are not meant as advice or counsel , not necessarily factual or absolute, and the author will not be held responsible for the results of their use.
-Comments are NOT the opinion of this author, nor is he responsible or liable for the comments or their results. I will try to moderate them in a reasonable (to me) manner.
-Translation of any portion of this blog may result in other than desirable language for which the author is not responsible. Furthermore, I’m not an English major so there will be bad grammar and punctuation found here. There may also be language that is intentionally objectionable to support my opinions. Tough.
-Copyright: All reviews and opinions expressed here by the author are owned by the author. Please enjoy reposting and/or linking, I ask only that you give proper credit and inform me you have used my content for your own pleasure and devious purposes.
-Legal limit on damages: .02 cents, U.S. (Yes, I will give you my 2 cents worth if you abuse me in court).