Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Know Who Killed Me


I Know Who Killed Me

Released: 2007
Reviewed: 9.22.09
Star Rating: 3 out of 5

Lindsay Lohan (Aubrey/Dakota), Julia Ormond (Susan), Neal McDonough (Daniel), Garcelle Beauvais (Agent Bascome), Spencer Garrett (Agent Lazarus), Gregory Itzin (Dr. Jameson), Brian Geraghty (Jerrod).

A serial killer is on the loose and Aubrey is his next victim. But unlike the others, she apparently escapes missing a hand and lower leg. While her family is elated she is alive, Aubrey now believes she is someone else, Dakota. Convinced she is still in danger and with nobody believing her, she races to save Aubrey’s life.

This one was a bit confusing in the beginning as it tried to create the mood of the film and give some character development but felt choppy instead. Once things started happening the film got more interesting but still had a choppy feel. Toward the end as things were coming together the previous choppy parts made sense and we are able to enjoy the somewhat anti-climactic ending which left a lot unexplained. Maybe I didn’t expect much from this one, after all it does star Lindsay Lohan, but I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn’t a wonderful film by any means but it was far better than the trash I expected.

Lohan actually did a decent job in her role. Obviously a bit green, and lacking emotion at times, she was able to pull off the “trashy girl” role nicely. Ormond did a good job while McDonough gave his usual performance which in my opinion is lifeless. Supporting actors did pretty well though Geraghty’s character was a bit hard to accept.

Camera work, sets, and sound were all pretty good but it was the gore effects that stole the show. Cutting off limbs with pieces of ornate stained glass was very interesting. Dialogue was poor in several scenes, not fitting either the moment or the film in general.

Overall I think this film got unfairly hammered as it is a decent teen scream/thriller. The suspense was decent, the gore shots were good, and acting could have been much worse. You can definitely do better but you could also do much, much worse. Plenty of foul language, sexuality, nudity, and yummy bloody grisly gore so save this for older teens and above.

No comments:

Mine mine mine!!!!

Blog disclaimer and copyright information. . .

-I hope to make this blog revenue generating in the future and as such any posts found here may be paid posts. If you want to pay me to post for you, let me know!
-Content may change over time resulting in inaccuracies. I also make mistakes, some will be here.
-I have no control over what is at the other end of any links you may find here.
-Film pictures, dvd covers, film banners or whatever you like to call them are copied here from widely available public locations. I did not create them nor do I own them.
-Any files, programs or downloadables are provided only for convenience and fun. I in no way warrant, represent, or otherwise imply they won’t cause you problems. Use at your own risk! If your computer blows up I don’t want to even hear about it.
-Reviews posted here are my opinion and meant as informational for prospective viewers and are not meant to malign, defame, or otherwise harm anyone or anything. They also are not meant as advice or counsel , not necessarily factual or absolute, and the author will not be held responsible for the results of their use.
-Comments are NOT the opinion of this author, nor is he responsible or liable for the comments or their results. I will try to moderate them in a reasonable (to me) manner.
-Translation of any portion of this blog may result in other than desirable language for which the author is not responsible. Furthermore, I’m not an English major so there will be bad grammar and punctuation found here. There may also be language that is intentionally objectionable to support my opinions. Tough.
-Copyright: All reviews and opinions expressed here by the author are owned by the author. Please enjoy reposting and/or linking, I ask only that you give proper credit and inform me you have used my content for your own pleasure and devious purposes.
-Legal limit on damages: .02 cents, U.S. (Yes, I will give you my 2 cents worth if you abuse me in court).